Giving Wings to your dreams.


Can i work in Australia?

Yes you can apply for jobs in Australia as long as your Visa has no working restrictions.
There are a number of visas that allow you to work, but most have restrictions about the kind of work you can do. For example:

  1. If you have a tourist visa, you CAN’T WORK at all.
  2. If you have a student visa and work permit, you can only work up to 20 hours per week while you are studying.
  3. If you have a working holiday visa, you are not allowed to work for any one employer for more than 6 months.

Each type of visa has special conditions.

Do i need a visa for Australia?

Yes. Anyone who does not have an Australian passport must have a visa when travelling to Australia.

How do i apply for an Australian visa?

In most cases, visa applications require you to complete forms (either on-line or paper forms) and provide supporting documentation. The forms and documents you need to provide depend on the type of visa you are applying for and your personal circumstances.

Why do i need an immigration lawyer?

Although you don’t need an immigration lawyer to apply for an Australian visa, there are a number of benefits of engaging one of our immigration and migration experts.

Australia has many visa options, totalling 140 subclasses. Our immigration lawyers in Melbourne are able to advise you on a number of potentially complex decisions, selecting the best visa options, checking your eligibility and any specific legal requirements, and negotiating with government bodies on your behalf.

Is it possible to renew my visa?

If you are already in Australia and there is a “No further stay” condition attached to your visa, you would need to leave Australia.

However, if your visa has no such condition, you will be able to submit a new application to the Department of Immigration. There is however no such thing as “renewing” your visa, thus it would be treated as a new application subject to full eligibility checks and legal requirements. Thus you should seek legal advice from an immigration lawyer on your options well before your current visa expires.

What if my application has already been refused by the immigration department?

Under certain circumstances, if there is a problem with your application such as being refused, you can apply for your application to be reviewed by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).

The review process allows you to submit new and compelling evidence for to support your visa application. Our immigration lawyers can help you find and compile this evidence and advice you on your chances of success, as well as negotiate on your behalf.

If successful, the Tribunal may emit the decision to the Immigration Department, affirming that you have met the requirements for the visa to be granted, or if unsuccessful it will affirm the Department’s decision refusing to grant the visa.

In some cases, you may also take your case to the federal court, where our immigration lawyers are able to represent you.

Can OIC guarantee a successful application?

There is always an extent of legal uncertainty, which means we cannot offer guarantees to our clients when it comes to migration to Australia.

However, we can assure our clients that we will work hard and extensively on your case using our considerable experience and training to maximise the chances of obtaining a desirable result.

This will only be done after a thorough review is done on your situation. Our immigration lawyers and consultants provide you with information on visa pathways, eligibility requirements, help you gather documents and evidence to support your case and help you gain an understanding of your chances of success.

We will be honest with your chances of success for a particular visa or matter. If it is felt that you should/could apply for an alternative visa, we will advise you to do so.

OIC has an enviable success rate with cases handled for their clients. Our success is achieved through our professional experience, dedication and assurance of hard work and diligence on your matter

If i intend to engage OIC. What are the following steps?

If you intend on engaging us for your immigration matter, you will first need to come in for a consultation with our immigration agents, to discuss the details of your case.

OIC needs to confirm that your case is valid and formally agree to represent you.

Our immigration consultants will then handle your immigration matter. We do not limit you to the number of times you can see us. We will arrange for as many meetings as necessary to ensure that your case is up to mark before we submit it to either the Department of Immigration or relevant Tribunal.

Can i engage OIC if i am not in Australia?

Yes you can. Our immigration lawyers, based in Melbourne, have dealt with clients from all parts of the world and we have the authorisation to deal with Australian Posts overseas. Our immigration lawyers will be able to prepare your case for you from Australia and liaise with the overseas posts.

It is best if you first email us at or fill in the pre-assessment form on our website.

Book your 30 minutes free consultation