What are the English Test Requirements for the 186 Visa?
We will discuss the 186 Subclass English requirements in detail below for Direct Entry Stream. For an applicant to be eligible for a subclass 186 ENS Visa in Direct Entry Stream, they need to have competent English. Competent English for a 186 Visa is explained below for various approved English Language tests.
ENS 186 English Requirements (For Direct Entry Scheme)
186 Visa IELTS Requirement
The following are the ENS 186 Visa IELTS requirements for the Direct Entry Stream.
- Reading: 6.0 IELTS Bands
- Listening: At least 6.0 IELTS Bands
- Writing: At Least 6.0 IELTS Bands
- Speaking: 6.0 IELTS Bands
The following are the Visa 186 PTE requirements for the Direct Entry Stream.
- Reading: At Least 50 PTE Score
- Listening: 50 PTE Score
- Writing: Minimum 50 PTE Score
- Speaking: 50 PTE Score
TOEFL iBT Requirement
The following are the subclass 186 TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based TEST) requirements for the English language.
- Reading: At Least 13 score
- Listening: 12 score
- Writing: 21 score
- Speaking: Minimum 18 score
The following are the subclass 186 ENS Visa OET (Occupational English Test) requirements for English test proficiency eligibility in the Direct Entry Stream.
- Reading: B score Minimum
- Listening: B score
- Writing: At Least a B score
- Speaking: B score minimum.
The following are the Visa 186 Cambridge (C1 Advanced Test) requirements to achieve competent English which is required for a subclass 186 ENS Visa to be granted.
- Reading: 169 score
- Listening: At Least 169 score
- Writing: 169 score
- Speaking: 169 score minimum.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which countries do not need competent English for a 186 Visa?
The citizens of the following countries do not need to achieve competent English for a 186 ENS Visa which is discussed above if they have a valid passport for that country.
- United Kingdom
- The United States of America
- New Zealand
- Republic of Ireland
What is the maximum age for a 186 ENS Visa in Direct Entry Stream?
An applicant for a subclass 186 ENS Visa must be under 45 years of age at the time they apply for the ENS 186 Visa.
- An applicant for an ENS 186 Visa is exempted from age requirements if they are nominated in one of the following:
- Academic (University lecturer or faculty head at Academic level B, C, D, or E).
- Scientist, Researcher, Technical Specialist (ANZSCO skill level 1 or 2).
- A subclass 444 Special category or a Visa 461 New Zealand Citizen’s family member holder who is nominated by an employer for whom they have worked for at least 2 years in the last 3 years from the date of Visa 186 application. The 2 Year period excludes any unpaid leave taken by the 186 ENS Visa applicant.
Disclaimer: The above information is not tailored to personal circumstances.
For information relevant to personal circumstances, please book an
appointment with Oracle Immigration Consultant’s expert migration agents in
For any inquiries, please contact us at +61 430812158. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong).