This article with give you detailed insights about Disability Services Officer Skill assessment.
ACWA Disability Services Officer 411712 Skill assessment
Disability Services Officer ANZSCO 411712 Definition
A disability services officer works with people with disability (intellectual, physical, social, and emotional disability) in many work settings including clients’ homes, adult service units, group housing, and disability services agencies. DSOs assess the needs of their clients and then assist them in planning and accessing educational, training, employment, or additional health or welfare supports.
Common Occupation Titles for Disability Services Officer Skill Assessment ANZSCO 411712
- Disability Services Officer
- Disability Case Worker
- Client Services Coordinator – Disability Services
- Developmental Educator
- Disability Liaison Officer
- Disability Case Manager
- Disability Advanced Case Manager
- Assessment Officer
- Disability Justice Officer
- Care Manager
Disability Services Officer Skill Assessment
Criterion 1: Relevant Qualification for disability services officer Skill Assessment
For the skill assessment of the Disability Liaison Officer, the relevant qualification should be at least AQF Level 5 or higher.
ACWA Care Manager 411712 requires one of the following qualifications for the skill assessment:
- An ACWA-accredited qualification which should be a diploma or higher course with a specialization in disability services.
- A relevant diploma or higher with a specialization in disability services.
- A relevant comparable Diploma or higher Qualification at AQF 5 or above (non-specialized) related to community services that prepare students to perform community work in Australia and focuses on providing community and human services and will normally include the following:
- Sociology, social, political, and economic structures, and function.
- Social policy, human development, and function including psychological, physical, and social aspects.
- General and specialized welfare services and systems.
- Work with individuals, families, groups, & communities.
- Communication, basic counselling, and interpersonal skills.
- Additional subjects which could include child development, social justice, child protection, mental health, case management, group theory, drug and alcohol issues, crisis intervention, psychology, youth work, working with children and families, community development, juvenile justice, and family violence.
Australian Community Workers Association – ACWA does not recognize a qualification where RPL is more than 40% to achieve the qualification for Disability Liaison Officer. ACWA (Australian Community Workers Association) also does not recognize very short qualifications which are deemed insufficient to gain the relevant skills and knowledge.
Criterion 2 – English Language Requirements Disability Services Officer
Disability Services Officer 411712 English proficiency for skill assessment can be met in the following ways:
- DSO English Test requirements: For DSOs’ skill assessment the following scores in the English language tests are required. Australian Community Workers Association accepts results within 3 years of the application and for IELTS, an applicant can submit multiple scores from multiple tests within a 12-month period.
Disability Case Worker IELTS requirement: 7 Bands each. It can be academic or general.
PTE Academic requirement for DSO: 65 each
DSO Advanced CAE: 185 each for skill assessment.
TOEFL IBT PTE requirement for skill assessment as a DSO: 24 in Listening, 23 in Speaking, 24 in reading, and 27 in Writing.
- English-speaking country study:
A bachelor’s or higher degree or all secondary education and Diploma must have been completed in English from Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America, Ireland, or New Zealand.
- Two Years of full-time (30 hours every week) relevant employment experience or part-time equivalent at the required skill level as a disability services officer from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, United States of America.
- A suitable disability case worker skill assessment that expired within the last 6 months. In this case, the original English test results can be submitted.
Criterion 3 – Employment and Currency
Disability Services Officer Employment Criteria
The applicant for the skill assessment for disability case worker satisfies the employment criteria in the following ways:
- ACWA accredited qualification or recognized relevant qualification: Disability Liaison Officer skill assessment applicants with an ACWA accredited diploma or recognized equivalent qualification are deemed to have required industry experience through field placements.
- Relevant Diploma or Higher: Applicants must have 1 year of paid post-qualification experience of 30 hours a week at the required skill level within the last 4 years as a Disability Liaison Officer .
- Relevant Qualification (non-specialized): Applicants must have 2 years of full-time or part-time equivalent employment in a disability services setting.
Applicants must demonstrate their knowledge and skills in one of the following 3 ways for skill assessment as a disability case manager:
- If the qualification is less than 4 years old from the date of skill assessment application it qualifies the Care Manager criteria.
- At least 3 months full-time (or part-time equivalent) employment in a relevant current role as a disability case manager at the required skill level.
- Minimum 6 months of relevant employment at the required skill level within the last 18 months as a Care Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to apply for Disability Services Officer skill assessment?
An applicant can use the ACWA skills assessment portal to apply for a disability case manager skill assessment.
What is the Disability Support Officer ANZSCO 411712 Skill Assessment fee?
The fee for skill assessment as a Disability Case Manager is $965.
What is the disability support officer ANZSCO 411712 Skill Assessment processing time?
The skill assessment processing time for the Disability Case Manager occupation is approximately 16 weeks.
Can I get a Fast-tracking facility on my ACWS Disability Services Officer Skill Assessment?
Fast- Tracking is currently suspended by the Australian community workers association until further notice.
Which skilled occupation list is Disability Services Officer ANZSCO Code 411712 in?
The occupation of disability services officer Anzsco 411712 is in STSOL (Short-term Skilled Occupation List) and ROL (Regional Occupation List)
Disability Services Officer ANZSCO 411712 is eligible for which visas?
The occupation of a Disability Case Manager is eligible for the following visas:
- 190 Skilled Independent Visa
- 491 Skilled Work Regional Visa
- 482 TSS: Short Term
- DAMA Labour Agreement
- 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) TRT and DE
- 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa
- 407 Training Visa
Disclaimer: The above information is not tailored to personal circumstances.
For information relevant to personal circumstances, please book an
appointment with Oracle Immigration Consultant’s expert migration agents in
For any inquiries, please contact us at +61 430812158. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong).