Residential Care Officer ANZSCO 411715 Definition
A residential care officer provides support to children and people with disability living in group housing or government care institutions. They assess the needs of the clients and then plan for their education and training programs as well as provide them with additional health, welfare, and support options.
Common Occupation Titles for Residential Care Officer
- Residential Care Officer
- Residential Care Intake and Assessment Officer
- Residential Care Case Worker
- Client Services Coordinator-Residential Care
- Care Manager
Residential Care Officer Skill Assessment
Criterion 1: Relevant Qualification for Residential Care Officer Skill Assessment
For the skill assessment of Residential Care Intake and Assessment Officer, the relevant qualification should be at least AQF Level 5 or higher.
ACWA Residential Care Officer qualifications for the skill assessment can be one of the following:
- An ACWA-accredited qualification which should be a diploma or higher course with a specialization in residential care services, health, and well-being, disability services, or youth work.
- A relevant diploma or higher with a specialization in residential care services, health, and well-being, disability services, or youth work.
- A relevant comparable Diploma or higher Qualification at AQF 5 or above (non-specialised) related to community services that prepare students to perform community work in Australia and focuses on providing community and human services and will normally include the following:
- Sociology, social, political, and economic structures, and function.
- Social policy, human development, and function including psychological, physical, and social aspects.
- General and specialized welfare services and systems.
- Work with individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Communication, basic counselling, and interpersonal skills.
- Additional subjects which could include child development, social justice, child protection, mental health, case management, group theory, drug and alcohol issues, crisis intervention, psychology, youth work, working with children and families, community development, juvenile justice, and family violence.
Australian Community Workers Association – ACWA does not recognize a qualification where RPL (recognition of prior learning) is more than 40% to achieve the qualification. ACWA also does not recognize very short qualifications which are insufficient to gain the relevant skills and knowledge.
Criterion 2 – English Requirement for Residential Care Officer Skill Assessment
Residential care officer 411715 skill assessment English language proficiency can be met in the following ways:
- Residential care officer English Test requirements: For residential care officers’ skill assessment applicants need the following scores in the English language tests. ACWA accepts results within 3 years of the skill assessment application. For IELTS, an applicant can provide multiple scores from multiple tests within a 12-month period.
Residential care case worker Skill Assessment IELTS: 7 Bands each. It can be academic or general.
PTE Academic requirement: 65 each
Advanced CAE: 185 each for residential care officer skill assessment.
TOEFL IBT PTE requirement for skill assessment as a residential care case worker: Listening: 24, Speaking: 23, 24 in reading, and 27 in Writing.
- Study from an English-speaking country:
A bachelor’s or higher degree or all secondary education and Diploma must have been completed in English from Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America, Ireland, or New Zealand.
- Two Years of full-time relevant employment experience or part-time equivalent at the required skill level as a residential care case worker from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, United States of America.
- A suitable residential care intake and assessment officer skill assessment that expired within the last 6 months can be accompanied by original English test results.
Criterion 3 – Employment and Currency
Residential Care Officer Employment Criteria
Residential Care Intake and Assessment officer satisfies the employment criteria in the following ways:
- ACWA accredited qualification or recognized relevant qualification: Applicants with an ACWA accredited diploma or recognized equivalent qualification are considered to have required industry experience through field placements.
- Relevant Diploma or Higher: Applicants must have 1 year of paid post-qualification experience of 30 hours a week at the required skill level within the last 4 years.
- Relevant Qualification (non-specialized): Applicants must have 2 years of full-time or part-time equivalent employment in a residential care services setting.
Applicants must demonstrate their knowledge and skills in one of the following 3 ways for skill assessment as a Client Services Coordinator-Residential Care.
- Holding a qualification less than 4 years old.
- At least 3 months full-time (or part-time equivalent) employment in a relevant current role of Client Services Coordinator-Residential Care at the required skill level.
- Minimum 6 months of relevant employment at the required skill level within the last 18 months as a Client Services Coordinator-Residential Care.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to apply for a residential care officer skill assessment?
An applicant can use the ACWA skills assessment portal to apply for a care manager skill assessment.
What is the Residential Care Officer (ANZSCO 411715) Skill Assessment fee?
The fee for skill assessment as a care manager is $965.
What is the residential care officer Skill Assessment processing time?
The skill assessment processing time for the care manager occupation is approximately 16 weeks.
Can I get a Fast-tracking facility on my ACWS Residential Care Officer Skill Assessment?
Fast- Tracking is currently suspended by the Australian community workers association until further notice.
Which skilled occupation list is Residential Care officer ANZSCO Code 411715 in?
The occupation of Client Services Coordinator-Residential Care Anzsco 411715 is in STSOL (Short-term Skilled Occupation List) and ROL (Regional Occupation List) for subclass 187 and subclass 494 visas.
Residential care officer (411715) is eligible for which visas?
The occupation of a Client Services Coordinator-Residential Care is eligible for the following visas:
- 190 Skilled Independent Visa
- 491 Skilled Work Regional Visa
- 482 TSS: Short Term
- DAMA Labour Agreement
- 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) TRT and DE
- 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa
- 407 Training Visa
Disclaimer: The above information is not tailored to personal circumstances.
For information relevant to personal circumstances, please book an
appointment with Oracle Immigration Consultant’s expert migration agents in
For any inquiries, please contact us at +61 430812158. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong).