Visa 476 Skilled – Recognized Graduate Visa is an engineering graduate under 31 years who has completed a bachelor’s degree or higher from a specified institution in the last 2 years. The 476 visa lets a holder live, work or study in Australia for up to 18 months.
Visa 476 Fee in 2023
The basic application charge for the 476 visa is AUD 465.
Additional applicants charge for 18 years or over is AUD 230.
The additional applicant charge for an applicant under 18 years of age is AUD 115.
476 Visa Age Criterion
The applicant must be less than 31 years of age at the time of the visa application.
Previous Visa restrictions for 476 Subclass
At the time of the Visa application, an applicant must never have held a subclass 476 visa or a 485 Temporary Graduate visa as a primary applicant.
Subclass 476 Visa English Language Requirements
Unless an applicant has a valid passport from the United Kingdom, The United States of America, Canada, New Zealand, or the Republic of Ireland they need to provide that they have achieved the following scores in English language tests in the last 3 years from the date of the 476 visa application.
476 Visa IELTS Requirement
The applicant has an overall score of 6 bands with a minimum score of 5 for each of the 4 components.
476 Visa PTE Requirement
The applicant has a total score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 for each of the 4 components.
476 Visa TOEFL iBT Requirement
The applicant has a minimum total score of 64 with a minimum of 4 in the listening component, a minimum of 4 in the reading component, 14 in the reading component, and 14 minimum in the speaking component.
476 Visa OET (Occupational English Test) Requirement
The application must have scored at least B in each 4 parts of the test.
476 Visa Cambridge (C1 Advanced test) Requirement
The applicant must have scored a minimum overall score of 169 with a minimum score of at least 154 in each of the 4 test components.
476 Visa Course Requirements
The applicant must have completed an engineering bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the following engineering disciplines.
- civil engineering
- structural engineering
- chemical engineering
- environmental engineering
- electrical and electronics engineering
- mechanical, production, and plant engineering
- mining and material engineering
Subclass 476 Education Institution Requirements
At the time of the visa application an applicant should have completed an engineering qualification from any institution offering an Engineering qualification accredited under the Washington Accord.
Apart from the institutions specified under Washington Acord, students from the following institutions are also eligible for the subclass 476 Skilled – Recognised graduate visa.
Argentina – Catholic University of Argentina
Brazil – Federal University of Minas Gerais
Chile – Universidad Catolica del Norte
Chile – Catholic University of Chile
Chile – University of Chile
Chile – University of Concepcion
Finland – HUT, Helsinki
Germany – RWTH, Aachen
Germany – Technical University of Berlin
Germany – Technical University of Clausthal
Germany – TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Germany – University of Hannover
Hungary – University of Miskolc
India – Anna University, Chennai
India – Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
India – Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
India – Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
India – Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
Iran – Amir Kabir University of Technology
Iran – University of Tehran
People’s Republic of China – Beijing Normal University
People’s Republic of China – Beijing Petroleum University
People’s Republic of China – Beijing University of Chemical Technology
People’s Republic of China – Beijing University of Technology
People’s Republic of China – China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing
People’s Republic of China – Guangzhou University
People’s Republic of China – Shanghai University of Engineering Science
People’s Republic of China – Shanghai Jiaotong University
People’s Republic of China – Tongji University
People’s Republic of China – Tsinghua University
People’s Republic of China – University of Science and Technology, Beijing
Philippines – University of the Philippines
Poland – Wroclaw University of Technology
Slovakia – TU Kosice
Sweden – Lulea University of Technology
Tanzania – University of Dar es Salaam
The following are the signatories to the Washington Accord:
Qualifications accredited or recognized by other signatories are recognised by each signatory as being substantially equivalent to accredited or recognised qualifications within its own jurisdiction.
- Korea – Represented by Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea (ABEEK) (2007)
- Russia – Represented by Association for Engineering Education of Russia (AEER) (2012)
- Malaysia – Represented by Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) (2009)
- China – Represented by China Association for Science and Technology (CAST) (2016)
- South Africa – Represented by Engineering Council South Africa (ECSA) (1999)
- New Zealand – Represented by Engineering New Zealand (EngNZ) (1989)
- Australia – Represented by Engineers Australia (EA) (1989)
- Canada – Represented by Engineers Canada (EC) (1989)
- Ireland – Represented by Engineers Ireland (EI) (1989)
- Hong Kong China – Represented by The Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) (1995)
- Chinese Taipei – Represented by Institute of Engineering Education Taiwan (IEET) (2007)
- Singapore – Represented by Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES) (2006)
- Sri Lanka – Represented by Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka (IESL) (2014)
- Japan – Represented by JABEE (2005)
- India – Represented by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) (2014)
- United States – Represented by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (1989)
- Turkey – Represented by Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs (MÜDEK) (2011)
- United Kingdom – Represented by Engineering Council United Kingdom (ECUK) (1989)
- Costa Rica – Represented by Colegio Federado de Ingenieros y de Arquitectos de Costa Rica (CFIA) (2020)
- Mexico – Represented by Consejo de Acreditación de la Enseñanza de la Ingeniería (CACEI) (2022)
- Pakistan – Represented by Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) (2017)
- Peru – Represented by Instituto de Calidad y Acreditacion de Programas de Computacion, Ingenieria y Tecnologia (ICACIT) (2018)
- Indonesia – Represented by Persatuan Insinyur Indonesia (PII) (2022)
PROVISIONAL SIGNATORIES ARE RECOGNISED AS HAVING APPROPRIATE SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES IN PLACE TO DEVELOP TOWARD BECOMING A FULL SIGNATORY
- Nigeria – Represented by Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)Provisional Status Approved in 2023
- Chile – Represented by Agencia Acreditadora Colegio De Ingenieros De Chile S A (ACREDITA CI)Provisional Status Approved in 2018.
- Thailand – Represented by Council of Engineers Thailand (COET)Provisional Status Approved in 2019.
- Bangladesh – Represented by The Institution of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB)Provisional Status Approved in 2016.
- Philippines – Represented by Philippine Technological Council (PTC)Provisional Status Approved in 2016.
- Myanmar – Represented by Myanmar Engineering Council (MEngC)Provisional Status Approved in 2019.
- Saudi Arabia – Represented by Education and Training Evaluation Commission (ETEC)Provisional Status Approved in 2022
476 Visa Character Criterion
An applicant for the 476 visa who is over 16 years must satisfy the character requirement. A penal clearance certificate may be required before the grant of the Visa 476.
476 Visa Health Requirement
An applicant for the 476 visa need to satisfy the health criteria and will be required to get the health examination done before the grant of the visa.
Previous Visa cancellations and refusals
The previous visa cancellations or refusals may affect your 476 visa application.
476 Visa Location at time of Application
Visa applicant can be in or outside at the time of the visa application.
476 Visa Bridging Visa
If the applicant of a 476 visa is in Australia at the time of the application, they will not be eligible for a Bridging Visa to remain in Australia until their visa application is finalized.
476 Visa Processing Time 2023
90% of the subclass 476 visas are processed in 43 Months but the process may take longer in case of incomplete or missing information or if the application is complex.