ACWA Family Support Worker 411713 Skill assessment
Family support Worker ANZSCO 411713 Definition
A family support worker conducts assessments and provides practical and emotional support to families experiencing difficulties, neglect, and abuse. They work with work related to child protection, foster care, and family services organisations.
Common Occupation Titles for Family Support Worker ANZSCO 411713
- Family Support Worker
- Family Therapist
- Family Wellbeing Officer
- Child and Family Support Worker
- Child and Family Officer
- Crisis Response Worker (including family violence)
- Family Services Case Manager
- Case Manager
- Case Worker
Family Support Worker Skill Assessment Criterion
Criterion 1: Relevant Qualification for family support worker Skill Assessment
For the skill assessment of family therapist, the relevant qualification should be at least AQF Level 5.
ACWA Family Support Worker 411713 requires one of the following qualifications for the skill assessment:
- An ACWA-accredited qualification which should be a diploma or higher course with a specialization in family services, children, and families.
- A relevant diploma or higher with a specialization in family services or children and families.
- A relevant comparable Diploma or higher Qualification at AQF 5 or above (non-specialised) related to community services that prepare students to perform community work in Australia and focuses on providing community and human services and will normally include the following:
- Sociology, social, political, and economic structures, and function.
- Social policy, human development, and function including psychological, physical, and social aspects.
- General and specialized welfare services and systems.
- Work with individuals, families, groups, & communities.
- Communication, basic counselling, and interpersonal skills.
- Additional subjects which could include child development, social justice, child protection, mental health, case management, group theory, drug and alcohol issues, crisis intervention, psychology, youth work, working with children and families, community development, juvenile justice, and family violence.
Australian Community Workers Association – ACWA does not recognize a qualification where RPL is more than 40% to achieve the qualification. ACWA also does not recognize very short qualifications which are deemed insufficient to gain the relevant skills and knowledge.
Criterion 2 – English Requirement Family Support Worker
Family support worker 411713 English language proficiency for skill assessment can be met in the following ways:
- Family support worker English Test requirements: For family support workers’ skill assessment the following scores in the English language tests are required. Australian Community Workers Association accepts results within 3 years of the application and for IELTS, an applicant can submit multiple scores from multiple tests within a 12-month period.
Family Support worker IELTS requirement: 7 Bands each. It can be academic or general.
PTE Academic requirement for Family Services Case Manager: 65 each
Advanced CAE: 185 each for family support worker skill assessment.
TOEFL IBT PTE requirement for skill assessment as a family wellbeing officer: 24 in Listening, 23 in Speaking, 24 in reading, and 27 in Writing.
- Study in an English-speaking country:
The following minimum level of study must be completed in English from Australia, the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America, Ireland, or New Zealand.
A bachelor’s or higher degree or all secondary education and Diploma must have been completed in the above-listed countries.
- Two Years of full-time (30 hours p.w) relevant employment experience or part-time equivalent at the required skill level from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, United States of America as a family therapist.
- A suitable family therapist skill assessment that expired within the last 6 months. In this case, the original English test results can be submitted.
Criterion 3 – Employment and Currency
Family Support Worker Employment Criteria
The applicant for the skill assessment for family support workers satisfies the employment criteria in the following ways:
- ACWA accredited qualification or recognized relevant qualification: Applicants with an ACWA accredited diploma or recognized equivalent qualification are deemed to have required industry experience through field placements.
- Relevant Diploma or Higher: Applicants must have 1 year of paid post-qualification experience of 30 hours a week at the required skill level within the last 4 years as a Crisis Response Worker.
- Relevant Qualification (non-specialized): Applicants must have 2 years of full-time or part-time equivalent employment in a family support setting as a Family Services Case Manager.
Applicants must demonstrate their knowledge and skills in one of the following 3 ways for skill assessment as a family wellbeing officer:
- If the qualification is less than 4 years old.
- At least 3 months full-time (or part-time equivalent) employment in a relevant current role at the required skill level as a family wellbeing officer.
- Minimum 6 months of relevant employment at the required skill level within the last 18 months as a Family Services Case Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions Family Support Worker ANZSCO 411713 skill assessment
How to apply for Family Support Worker skill assessment?
An applicant can use the ACWA skills assessment portal to apply for a Child and Family Officer skill assessment.
What is the Family Support Worker ANZSCO 411713 Skill Assessment fee?
The fee for skill assessment as a Child and Family Officer is $965 (AUD).
What is the Family Support Worker ANZSCO 411713 Skill Assessment processing time?
The skill assessment processing time for Child and Family Officer occupation is approximately 16 weeks.
Can I get a Fast-tracking facility on my ACWS ANZSCO 411713?
Fast- Tracking is currently suspended by the Australian community workers association until further notice for Crisis Response Worker.
Which skilled occupation list is Family Support Worker ANZSCO Code 411713 in?
The occupation of Family Support Worker Anzsco 411713 is in STSOL (Short-term Skilled Occupation List) and ROL.
Family Support Worker ANZSCO 411713 is eligible for which visas?
The occupation of a Crisis Response Worker is eligible for the following visas:
- Subclass 190 Skilled Independent Visa
- Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional Visa
- Subclass 482 TSS: Short Term
- DAMA Labour Agreement
- Subclass 187 Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) TRT and DE
- Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa
- Subclass 407 Training Visa
Disclaimer: The above information is not tailored to personal circumstances.
For information relevant to personal circumstances, please book an
appointment with Oracle Immigration Consultant’s expert migration agents in
For any inquiries, please contact us at +61 430812158. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong).