What is a Temporary Graduate Visa 485
A Temporary Graduate Subclass 485 visa is for international students who have recently completed their study relevant to the occupation Australia requires. It lets these graduates work and stay temporarily in Australia after their study, thus giving opportunity to gain valuable experience in their field.
Types of Temporary Graduate Visa 485
- Graduate work Stream Visa 485
- Post-Study Work Stream Visa 485
- Second Post-Study Work Stream visa 485
- Replacement Stream Visa 485
We will be discussing the Graduate Work Stream subclass 485 today.
Graduate Work Stream 485 Visa
485 Visa Fees in the Graduate Work Stream
|1||Base application charge for 485 visa||$1730|
|2||Additional applicants charge for an applicant who is at least 18 for 485 visa||$865|
|3||Additional applicants charge for an applicant who is less than 18 for 485 visa||$435|
Criteria at time of lodging a visa subclass 485 application in the Graduate Work Stream.
- Location at the time of the application of 485 Visa: An application for visa subclass 485 in the Graduate Stream can only be made within Australia but the applicant must not be in immigration clearance.
- Applicant lodging a subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa application in the Graduate Work Stream must nominate Graduate Work stream at the time of the application.
- Applicant making an application for a subclass 485 visa in the Graduate Work stream must nominate the skilled occupation in the Medium and Long‑term Strategic Skills List as per legislative instrument LIN 19/051. As a temporary arrangement an applicant applying in this stream does not have to nominate any occupation for a period starting 1st July 2022 until 30th June 2023 unless extended by the minister.
- The primary applicant for 485 visa must be less than 50 years of age.
- The 485 visa applicant should satisfy one of the following criteria:
The 485 visa applicant must hold an eligible student visa. An eligible student visa is a student visa except Foreign Affairs student, defence student or a secondary applicant on the student visa.
If the 485 visa applicant is outside Australia and is lodging a subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa, the applicant must have held an eligible student visa. Eligible student visa described above.
An 485 visa applicant must be a holder of Bridging Visa A or B which they have received as a result of making a valid application and have held an eligible student visa at any time during 6 months ending immediately before the day the application for subclass 485 visa is lodged.
A 485 visa applicant must be a holder of a substantive visa and have held an eligible student visa at any time during 6 months ending immediately before the day the application for subclass 485 visa is lodged.
The 485 visa applicant must have been taken, under sections 368C, 368D and 379C of the Act, to have been notified that the Tribunal has set aside and substituted the Minister’s decision not to revoke the cancellation of the applicant’s eligible student visa not more than 28 days before the day on which the application is made.
Further Requirements of 485 Visa
- Unless the 485 visa applicant is a citizen of The United Kingdom, The United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland, the application for a subclass 485 visa must be accompanied by the applicant achieving the minimum English scores as follows:
- Each 485 visa applicant at the time of the application who is 16 years of age or older must provide an AFP (Australian Federal Police Clearance) at the time of the application.
- At the time the 485 visa application was made, the applicant must hold adequate health insurance. For the visa subclass 485 Temporary Graduate visa, Overseas Visitor Health Cover is the appropriate cover.
*If you would like to arrange and get a quote for Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OSHC), please contact us at Oracle Immigration Consultants. We are based in Bundoora, Melbourne and provide Overseas Visitor Health Cover for all major approved Australian providers.
- All 485 visa applicants must satisfy the health criteria and take medical assessment.
For making a medical booking you can contact us at Oracle Immigration Consultants, and this is one of the services we provide.
- The 485 visa applicants must satisfy the character criteria. If you have any prior convictions or legal troubles, please contact us at Oracle Immigration Consultants to see if you are eligible for the subclass 485 visa.
- No bogus documents should have been provided in the current 485 visa application and in the last 3 years before the application, applicant’s visa should not have been cancelled due to bogus documents, misleading or false information.
- In the last 10 years, 485 visa applicant should not have their visa refused for failing to satisfy the minister of their identity.
- Applicant of 485 visa must hold a valid passport.
- Applicant of 485 visa should not have been deported due to character concerns.
- If the 485 visa applicant is removed from Australia as an unlawful non-citizen, 12 months must have passed unless their compelling and compassionate circumstances affecting Australia’s or their citizens/permanent citizens interests. This includes New Zealand citizens.
- If you hold a Foreign Affairs Student Visa, there could be further restrictions.
- Within the period of 6 months immediately before the date of the 485 visa application the applicant must have satisfied the Australian Study Requirement.
Australian Study Requirement can be satisfied when an 485 visa applicant has completed 1 or more CRICOS approved degrees, Diplomas or Trade qualifications from an Australian Institute holding a CRICOS. These completed courses must be a result of minimum 2 years of academic study completed in a minimum period of 16 months while holding an appropriate visa which allowed study in Australia.
- The course completed to satisfy the Australian Study Requirement must be closely related to the nominated skilled occupation. For a period from 1st July 2022 until 30th June 2023, applicant is exempted from nominating an occupation unless the period is extended by the minister.
- When the 485 visa application was made, it must be accompanied by evidence that PSA (Provisional Skill Assessment) has been lodged with the relevant skill assessment authority. PSA is not required for a period from 1st July 2022 until 30th June 2023, applicant is exempted from nominating an occupation unless the period is extended by the minister.
- The skilled assessment for 485 visa must not be older than 3 years and if the skills of the applicant were assessed by the skill assessment body based on the Australian qualification, the qualification must be a CRICOS course.
Location at the time of grant of Visa subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa in the Graduate Work Stream.
Applicants of 485 visa can be in or outside Australia at the time of the grant of the subclass 485 visa in the Graduate work Stream but should not be in immigration clearance.
As a policy, applicants of the subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa in the Graduate Work Stream are given a visa for 18 months. It has been temporarily increased to 24 months from 1st December 2021.
485 Subclass Temporary Graduate Visa Conditions.
- Visa Condition 8501 must be imposed: The holder of 485 visa must maintain adequate health insurance while the applicant is in Australia.
- If an 485 visa applicant is outside Australia when the visa is granted, the first entry must be made before the date specified by the minister. As a policy the applicant should enter before the 12 months from the date of the visa.
For 485 subclass Graduate Visa inquiries, please contact us at Oracle Immigration Consultants. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong). Please contact us at : email@example.com, +61 450140007