The Australia ETA visa allows US citizens to travel to Australia for tourism and business purposes. It is an electronic visa that is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and allows a maximum stay of three months. It is a relatively easy process to apply for an ETA visa, and the visa can be obtained quickly.
What is an ETA?
- An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is an electronic visa issued by the Australian Government for eligible passport holders.
- The ETA allows short stays in Australia of up to three months for tourism or business purposes and the applicants need to be genuine visitors.
- An ETA is valid for up to 12 months from the date of issue.
Eligibility Requirements for US Citizens
- Applicants must have a valid US passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry into Australia.
- Applicants must have a valid credit or debit card to pay the visa application fee.
- Applicants must have a valid email address to receive the ETA.
Benefits of Obtaining an Australia ETA Visa for US
- An ETA allows US citizens to travel to Australia for short stays without having to apply for a visa.
- An ETA allows US citizens to enter Australia multiple times during the validity period of the ETA.
- An ETA is valid for multiple entries into Australia for up to 12 months from the date of issue.
How to Apply for an Australian ETA
- US citizens must apply for an ETA using the Australian ETA app, which can be downloaded free from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Once the applicant has downloaded the ETA app, they need to take their photo and also take a photo of their US passport data page.
- While using the ETA app, near-field communication (NFC) and location services need to be enabled.
- A valid email address will be required by the applicant to use the ETA app.
- A valid card is required to make a visa payment.
- Each member of the family needs to make a separate ETA application.
Questions that may need to be answered for ETA
- US citizens need to scan their passports and provide general details like name, date of birth, and passport details.
- They need to take a photo through the ETA app.
- They need to declare all convictions, other names, contact details, etc.
- They need to pay the visa fee and submit the application.
- An ETA is an electronic visa issued by the Australian government that allows short stays of up to three months for tourism or business purposes.
- US citizens must meet certain eligibility requirements to apply for an ETA.
- There are many benefits to obtaining an Australia ETA, including the ability to travel to Australia multiple times during the validity period of the ETA.
- The process for applying for an Australia ETA is quick and easy, with applicants only needing to complete the online application form, provide their personal and passport information, and pay the visa application fee.
For More Information Visit: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/electronic-travel-authority-601
Disclaimer: The above information is not tailored to personal circumstances.
For information relevant to personal circumstances, please book an
appointment with Oracle Immigration Consultant’s expert migration agents in
For any inquiries, please contact us at +61 430812158. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong).