What is a 189 Visa?
A subclass 189 skilled independent visa is an Australian permanent visa that is granted to skilled workers who are invited after they have put in their Expression of Interest (EOI). The invitation is based on criteria like points, skilled occupation, and other criteria which the applicant needs to fulfill before they can be invited through invitation rounds.
What is the Visa 189 Processing time in 2023?
Processing times for subclass 189 Visa depends on the stream of the subclass 189 visa applied.
Visa 189 Processing Time 2023 (Points Tested Stream)
The processing time for a 189 Visa in the Points Tested Stream is as follows:
- 25% of Visa applications in the Points Tested Stream are processed in 82 Days.
- 50% of Visa applications in the Points Tested Stream are processed in 83 Days.
- 75% of Visa applications in the Points Tested Stream are processed in 3 Months.
- 90% of Visa applications in the Points Tested Stream are processed in 3 Months.
Visa 189 Processing Time 2023 (Hong Kong Stream)
The processing time for a 189 Visa in the Hong Kong Stream differs on individual cases. The Department of Home Affairs has not provided any specific processing times for this stream. The visa 189 processing time in Hong Kong Stream can vary from case to case due to the following reasons:
- The processing time of 189 in the Hong Kong stream depends on if the applicant has provided complete documents and information or not.
- The Visa 189 processing time in Hong Kong Stream is also affected by the response time of the applicant when the delegate of the Australian Department of Home Affairs seeks further information or documents.
- Other factors such as the time taken to verify the information provided by the applicant may increase or reduce processing time for 189 Visa in Hong Kong Stream.
- The number of places allotted to 189 Visa in the Australian Migration Planning Program also affects the processing time for 189 visas in Hong Kong Stream.
- Time taken to provide results by external agencies such as Police certificates and health examination reports can affect the processing time of 189 Visa.
Visa 189 Processing Time 2023 (New Zealand Stream)
The processing time for a 189 Visa in the New Zealand Stream is unavailable on the Department of Home Affairs website. This is because the new applications for 189 Visa in New Zealand Stream are temporarily closed from 10 December 2022 until 1 July 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Visa 189
Does Visa 189 require state nomination?
What is the Visa 189 Cost?
The subclass 189 Skilled Independent Fee starts from AUD 4240 for a primary applicant.
Do you get Medicare benefits on a 189 Visa?
Since the 189 Visa is an Australian Permanent Visa (PR), the holder and their dependents are eligible for Medicare benefits.
Is 189 a Permanent Visa?
Yes, the 189 visa is an Australian permanent residence visa. It is also called Australian PR.
For More Information Visit: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-independent-189
Disclaimer: The above information is not tailored to personal circumstances.
For information relevant to personal circumstances, please book an
appointment with Oracle Immigration Consultant’s expert migration agents in
For any inquiries, please contact us at +61 430812158. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong).