Getting Student Visa (Subclass 500) in 6 Easy Steps

Student Visa (Subclass 500) Application Process in Australia
Student Visa (Subclass 500) Application Process in Australia

How to Apply Student Visa in Australia (Detailed Step by Step)?

In this article, we have summarised Student Visa (Subclass 500) Application Process in Australia.

1) Research Your Course:

  • Find a relevant course and review the entry requirements, including English language proficiency, specified by the education providers.
  • Contact the education provider directly for more information if needed.

2) Choose an Education Provider:

  • Select an Australian education provider that offers your desired course.

3) Prepare Your Documents:

  • Gather the necessary documents, including certificates of previous study, English language proficiency test results, and any relevant work experience or course credits.
  • Ensure that all documents are translated into English if necessary.

4) Accept the Letter of Offer:

  • If your application is successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer from the education provider.
  • Read the Letter of Offer carefully, understand the course details, enrolment conditions, and fees.
  • Keep a copy of the Letter of Offer for reference.

5) Pay the Deposit:

  • Pay the required deposit as mentioned in the Letter of Offer to secure your place in the course.
  • Retain the payment receipt for your records and visa application.

6) Obtain Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE):

  • After accepting the offer and paying the deposit, the education provider will issue a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
  • The CoE verifies your enrolment in the specific course and is required for the visa application.

7) Meet English Language Proficiency:

  • If English is not your native language, provide a certificate of results from an approved English language test.
  • Check the Australian Government’s accepted test list and meet the minimum English proficiency levels required for your course.

8) Address Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirement:

  • Write a statement addressing the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
  • The statement should demonstrate that you genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily for study purposes and return to your home country upon completion.

9) Apply for the Student Visa:

  • Consult with your Immigration service provider and apply for the visa.
  • Complete the application form accurately and attach all required documents, including the CoE and English language test results.
  • Pay the visa application fee

10) Submit the Application:

  • Submit your completed visa application along with the supporting documents to the Department of Home Affairs.
  • Track the progress of your visa application through the Department of Home Affairs website.

11) Await Visa Decision:

  • The processing time for student visas may vary. Check the Department of Home Affairs website for estimated processing times.
  • Once your visa application is processed, you will be notified of the decision.

12) Plan for Arrival and Study:

  • If your visa is granted, start planning your arrival in Australia and make necessary arrangements for accommodation, travel, and other essentials.
  • Familiarize yourself with the student support services provided by your education provider.

Disclaimer: The information provided is based on general guidelines and may be subject to change. It is recommended to refer to official government sources, such as the Department of Home Affairs website, for the most up-to-date and accurate information.

Please note that the text content provided is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice or a substitute for professional consultation.

For More Information Visit:

Disclaimer: The above information is not tailored to personal circumstances. For information relevant to personal circumstances, please book an appointment with Oracle Immigration Consultant’s expert migration agents in Australia.
For any inquiries, please contact us at +61 430812158. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong).