Skilled Regional Visa 887 Processing time
Following is the Visa 887 Processing time as of 2023:
- 25% of applications in 11 Months.
- 50% of applications in 13 Months.
- 75% of applications in 17 Months.
- 90% of applications in 23 Months.
Department of Home Affairs is currently processing 887 visa applications that were submitted before September 2020.
Factors affecting Time Period:
- Processing times of this will depend upon if a complete application is lodged or not with all required documents.
- Processing time will also depend upon how fast the applicant provides the requested information by the case officer.
- The time taken to check the documents and information provided also affects subclass 887 processing time.
- Time taken by external related agencies performing checks such as police checks, medical reports, etc may affect the Skilled regional visa processing time.
- The number of places available in the migration planning also affects the processing time.
Subclass 887 Skilled Regional Visa
887 visa is for applicants who have lived and worked in Australia on a previously held eligible visa in specified regional areas.
Benefits of 887 Subclass
It has the following benefits:
- The subclass 887 visa lets an applicant stay in Australia permanently.
- Holders of this visa can work and study in Australia.
- Can enroll in Australia’s public health care scheme known as Medicare.
- With a subclass 887 Skilled Regional visa a person can sponsor their eligible relatives.
- With an 887 subclass visa, a person can travel to and from Australia unlimited times for 5 years.
- If an 887-visa holder is eligible they can apply for Australian citizenship.
What is the cost of Subclass 887 ?
The 887 visa fee is AUD425.00 for the main applicant. The secondary applicants also need to pay a fee.
A member of the family unit of visa 887 applicant who does not have functional English and is 18 or over 18 years of age will have to pay a second instalment of AUD4890.
Additional applicant 887 visa cost for secondary applicants 18 years or over AUD220.
Additional applicant visa 887 cost for secondary applicants less than 18 years of age is AUD110.
Which visas are eligible to apply for 887 Visa?
Unless the COVID-19 concessions apply, an applicant for an 887 visa must be in Australia at the time of the visa 887 application.
An eligible visa is a:
- subclass 489 visa
- subclass 495 visa
- subclass 496 visa
- subclass 475 visa
- subclass 487 visa
- Bridging visa A (BVA) or Bridging Visa B (BVB) resulting from an application of a 489, 495, or 487 Visa or where an 887 visa was lodged outside Australia during a concession period.
Before an applicant can lodge an 887 Skilled Regional Visa application, they must have held a subclass 489, 495, 496, 475 or 487 visa for at least 2 years.
For more about Visa 887 Processing visit : https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887
“For expert guidance and the latest updates on immigration, reach us at 614308-12158 “
Disclaimer: The above information is not tailored to personal circumstances.
For information relevant to personal circumstances, please book an
appointment with Oracle Immigration Consultant’s expert migration agents in
For any inquiries, please contact us at +61 430812158. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong).