What is Visa 482 ?
Visa 482 is an Australian work visa that allows you to work in Australia for a specific employer. It’s sometimes called the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa because it’s designed to fill gaps in Australia’s job market with skilled workers from other countries.
Who Can Apply?
To apply for Visa 482, you need:
- A Job Offer: You must have a job offer from an Australian employer who is willing to sponsor you.
- Skills and Qualifications: You need to have the skills and qualifications required for the job. The employer will let you know what’s needed.
- English Proficiency: You may need to prove your English language skills, depending on the job and your nationality.
How Does It Work?
- Nomination: Your employer must nominate you for the visa. They need to show that the job they’re offering can’t be filled by an Australian worker.
- Application: Once your employer nominates you, you can apply for the visa. You’ll need to provide documents to prove your skills, qualifications, and English proficiency.
- Visa Approval: If your application is successful, you’ll get a Visa 482. It allows you to work for your sponsoring employer in Australia for a specified period
Types of Visa 482
There are two streams for Visa 482:
- Short-Term Stream: This stream is for jobs that are on the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). It allows you to work in Australia for up to two years. It can be renewed once, but it doesn’t lead to permanent residency.
- Medium-Term Stream: This stream is for jobs on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). It allows you to work in Australia for up to four years. You can apply for permanent residency through this stream after three years.
If you’re granted Visa 482, your immediate family members can come with you to Australia. They can study and work too.
Things to Remember
- You can only work for the employer who sponsored you.
- You can’t change your job or employer without getting a new visa.
- You must follow all Australian laws and regulations.
Disclaimer: The above information is not tailored to personal circumstances.
For information relevant to personal circumstances, please book an
appointment with Oracle Immigration Consultant’s expert migration agents in
For any inquiries, please contact us at +61 430812158. We are premier Immigration agency and consultancy in Melbourne (Bundoora and Geelong).